Indulgent Brownie Cookie Recipe
There’s nothing wrong with indulging once in a while, and this fudgy brownie cookie recipe is the perfect way to do it! These brownie cookies are easy to make, fluffy, and delicious.
My Grandma Aggie was the queen of cookie baking when I was growing up. There was always a variety of cookies laid out when we went over to her house. And she baked a variety of cookies that I’ve never seen anywhere else.
She had 13 grandchildren, and we all had a favorite cookie. These fudgy brownie cookies are reminiscent of my favorite Grandma Aggie cookies. These days, I have a restricted diet, so when I make this cookie recipe, I substitute a good all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.
Whether you decide to stick to the original recipe or make it gluten-free, you are going to love these cookies! You’ll have a sweet treat ready to enjoy in less than 45 minutes.
Fudgy Brownie Cookie Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 12 oz chocolate, 60% cacao (You can use chips or break up a chocolate bar.)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter is completely melted, stir in the chocolate. Using a spoon or small whisk, stir the mixture constantly to combine it. Don’t allow the butter and chocolate mixture to bubble. If it overheats, the chocolate may burn. You can take the saucepan off the burner as needed to control the heat. Once the butter and chocolate mixture is fully combined, turn the heat off and set the saucepan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until the yolks and whites are mixed. Pour in the sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix them all together until thoroughly combined. Then, continue to stir for another 4 to 5 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Pour the butter and chocolate mixture into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, stir the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together. Pour this mixture into the larger bowl. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Chill the batter for 20 minutes. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Use a spoon to drop 12 equal portions of dough onto the baking sheet, keeping them an inch and a half apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the brownie cookies crack on top.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the brownie cookies to cool for 2 minutes. Then, use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the cookies once they are cooled!
You can store these brownie cookies for up to a week in an airtight container. But if you share them with family and friends, they’ll certainly disappear faster than that!