Babies sleep a lot. Unfortunately, sleep doesn’t come out naturally to them. Putting a baby down to sleep requires a lot of experimentation.
What are the 11 effective tips to help your baby fall asleep?
You might be interested in following these sleep tips that could help you and your baby to get a good night’s sleep.
1. Try a dream feed. Offer your sleeping child one last feed before going to bed. This might help him have a little bit of extra sleep.
2. Keep things moving. Help your little one get to sleep by cuddling him as you are gently rocking him at the same time. Swinging cribs will also help babies to settle down at night.
3. Do not drink too much caffeine. If you are breastfeeding, taking too much caffeine can affect your baby’s sleep. The best thing that a mother can do is to cut out caffeine altogether or limit your intake.
4. Check for sleep signs. Babies communicate tiredness through various behaviors. If your baby is losing interest in the things around him, going quite, and fussing, they might be feeling sleepy. Put him to bed when you notice these cues.
5. Be a feed change master. Change your baby’s nappy while he is feeding and keep the supplies near your bed.
6. Differentiate day and night. Teach your child about day and night. Keep the lights low and the voices hushed during night time even when your baby is wide awake.
7. Don’t mind the time. It is very true that night wake-ups are not fun but they won’t last forever. If mothers are stressed during night wake-ups, your baby might pick up on this and will feel anxious to sleep. Try a positive approach and enjoy this extra time with your loving baby.
8. Practice bedtime rituals. A bedtime routine will help your baby understand what is coming next. It will also help to calm your baby and prepare him for sleep. Bedtime rituals such as baths each night can help your baby feel relaxed. A relaxing baby massage, dim lights, and calming music are great ways to relax your baby before bed.
9. Sleep together. It means that you have to sleep closer to your baby. If the mother and the baby sleep together, there is a bigger chance that the mother could get more sleep.
10. Swaddle safely. Safely swaddling your baby could help your baby to fall asleep. It is very important to swaddle your baby safely.
11. Go with the music. To help your baby settle at the end of the day, try playing calm music. While they are in your womb, babies are surrounded by noises of your body such as your heartbeat. White noise or the rhythmic beat of the heart can soothe your baby.
A final word
Keeping your baby safe while sleeping is the most important thing to consider. When it comes to babies and sleeping, parents must remember that babies are not designed to sleep alone. While getting your baby to sleep through the night takes some effort and will power, if you try to follow these tips, you will learn to appreciate every single moment that you spend with your baby.